Illawarra Building Certifiers is taking considered action to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our staff, clients, visitors, suppliers and contractors during this public health emergency. We are closely monitoring the situation and are keeping up to date with the official health and workplace advice provided by the Australian Department of Health and NSW Health.
What we require of you:
- Provide all relevant correspondence and interaction via electronic means (eg telephone or email),
- Do not visit our offices as they are closed to the general public, and
- Maintain social distancing actions/distances for and provide no physical contact during any on site mandatory inspections
We need your assistance to maintain rigorous hygiene practices and cleaning standards for any mandatory inspection to reduce the risk and support a safe environment. We require our staff and also request you and each member of your team to:
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5metres between individuals, which means refraining from handshaking and other physical contact
- Practice and promote frequent hand washing with soap and water for a minimum of 20 second Provide hand sanitiser for staff (note where possible this is in addition to, not instead of hand washing)
- Practice and promote cough and sneeze hygiene (cough/sneeze into elbow or a tissue, discard tissue and wash or sanitise hands immediately).
- Clean and disinfect (with disinfectant sprays or wipes) high-touch surfaces regularly, including tables, kitchen benches, doorknobs, and balustrades.
- Open windows and doors for more fresh air (please ensure they are closed before leaving site to ensure security)
- Maintain a minimum of 4 square metres per individual when indoors
- Read our updates and be prepared to put further practices in place as the need arises
Safety and risk minimisation must be at the forefront of our minds in every action and communication. We request that all visitors, suppliers and contractors are mindful and respectful of each other during these trying times.
For further information please review the Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
If someone close to you or a team member has COVID-19 or you are a company or sole trader with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 whereby staff from Illawarra Building Certfiers may be affected, we ask that you immediately contact us so that we can put additional measures in place.
Many thanks, and stay safe!